Saturday, August 22, 2009

As Seen On TV...Outfit Inspired by the Disney Channel

So when you are a 37-year-old mom, it's always fun to be watching TV with your 2 cute kiddies...Disney Channel...Jonas, and go "I have that shirt!" Yep, sure enough, on the "Love Sick" episode on Jonas, Stella Malone (played by Chelsea Staub) has on the J Crew Bon Voyage tee.


(photo credit to jonasbrothersdaily.com - thank you, I felt the need to prove it)

Gotta say - not loving the cardi with it so much. But love love love Stella on the show. Not that I watch it *that* often. Oh wait, who am I kidding? I have a 7 y.o. daughter and 9 y.o. son - Disney and Nick are on all the time. I mean, not all the time, but when it is on, it is often on those 2 channels. I still can't stand Fairly Oddparents and try to prevent that one whenever possible - gotta pick your battles.

So here I am wearing Stella's shirt. Not sure if this gives me any street cred with the early elementary crowd, but a mom's got to do what she can. Now if I went out and bought the tee *after* seeing the show - that would be lame.

Honestly, though, seeing it last night (JoBro marathon, how lucky am I?) reminded me that I hadn't worn it in a while - well you know, it's been hot, sundresses have been the rule of the day. So I decided to pull it out of the tshirt pile and give it a go today.

With a pair of rolled up khakis, Danielle sandals, and the Dina hoops. This is the last weekend before the weekend before school starts. So the kids got to stay up late, we're chilling out...and DC JCA Tysons shopping event tomorrow - so looking forward to it - I haven't been in a B&M since July and I can't wait to see all the fab JCAs.

Still have to figure out what to wear, but it's pretty much going to involve cafe capris, bf tissue tee or rose tee, and cardi (Jackie or otherwise). Not too much jewelry, nothing too fancy because tomorrow is about serious shopping - and some major trying on, so it has to be easy in & out - but also have the basics to see how everything works with the capris, with the bf tissue tee, etc. Wish me luck!

Polyvore from today:



Wearing Today-8/22/09
Wearing Today-8/22/09 by HeidiGblog featuring J Crew

11 comments:

Only The Good Stuff said...

Super chic, girl!!

dinagideon said...

Haha. :) I know what it is like to have the early elementary crowd just love you!!!

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

DaniBP said...

How fun is that! I like to shirt on you, the colors are so pretty.
Looking forward to reading review of the shopping! Have a super time!

Kathy said...

Cute outfit! It's funny, I have older kids and Nick and Disney are on too...

Excellent planning for the outfit for Sunday! Have a good time!

Unknown said...

That's too funny. Please take lots of pics at the Tysons shopping event!

Anonymous said...

Oh very cute! Wish I lived closer to join you in DC for shopping. You girls always have such fun!!

Julia said...

Hahah! I can just see some tween girl running up to you and screaching "OMG you're wearing the bon voyage tee!!!"

I also could not stand the fairly oddparents, (i was a nanny during college and was subjected to lots of kid tv) but I didn't mind Lazytown, that show was so weird that it was interesting!

sparrowsandsparkles said...

love it - very cute!

HeidiG said...

Only The Good Stuff - thank you!

Dina - oh yeah, those 2nd graders are a tough crowd! :)

DaniBP - thank you! posting review tomorrow - have to hit the hay shortly - it was a lot of fun.

Kathy - thank you! who doesn't love SpongeBob?

Katherine - got a few group pics, but was too busy trying on too many clothes to get a lot of individual pics - will start postin items this week, though, I promise.

Stephanie - we wished you lived closer, too! Let us know if you'll ever be in DC.

Julia - I was oddly fascinated by Lazytown as well - but my kids have 'outgrown' that one, I guess.

Sweet Tea in Seattle - thank you!

Summerilla said...

Very cute! I love this tee and wish I would have bought it myself.... really enjoyed shopping today!

Alexis {J.Crew Aficionada} said...

You look so cute with the tee on!

And its so great that you spot J.Crew on the t.v. and get inspired to wear the piece... because I do too! :)