I'm back. And this time I think I really mean it. After being at an off-site for work all day Tuesday, I postponed my trip to the river and didn't go until Thursday because I was just totally wiped out. And I had every intention of keeping up with blogging, Polyvore-ing, reading blogs, etc...until I got there and realized that I left my connection cord at home that hooks the BlackBerry to my laptop so I can get to the Internet. Doh! So I had to download my work desktop application onto my parents' laptop so that I could actually get some work done. So no blogging fun at the river. And I just pretty much stayed off the computer for the entire rest of the weekend. Actually it was nice to take yet another break, as unintentional as it was. Thanks for bearing with me over this crazy summer and not just dumping me. I appreciate it, I really do. :)
So, yep, it's a gray day here. Weather? Nope, actually weather-wise, it's sunny, hot & humid. So a perfect day to pull out the doesn't-really-require-a-bra trusty dress jersey strapless dress. I think I wore this last Monday....but the accessories are a bit different. Actually looking at the pic, I probably won't choose the gray bracelet next time (too matchy-matchy?), but it's easy to pop on and off, and I wore the garden pearl bracelet last Monday with the dress. And I actually have the ATL cardi on in the pic, just to change it up a bit, and because I wore it this way to Target. I will say that this dress was definitely worth the FP less 25% Mickey card price to me because I have worn it that much. I've actually worn this one more than the navy one, I think.
And it's not a gray, sad day because my former across-the-street BFF neighbor is visiting today and I'm very excited to see her and her 4 cute kiddies. And another neighbor who had the gall to move across the river (you don't do that in the DC metro area, folks) is coming over, too. Afternoon pool time and Pizza Party in the evening. Yay!!
So why is it a gray day? It's all about the toes....
I pulled out the bottle of Essie Chinchilly on Saturday (which, interestingly enough, isn't even on Essie's website yet, even though I got my bottle 2 weeks ago - and because I am so A-R, that really bothers me). I know 95% of you will probably think it's awful and that's ok. The other 5%, enjoy! :) I like the color. I was actually pleased with the application, and you know I am iffy on a lot of Essie's polish applications - streaky, etc.
I think it's a fun color for fall, as long as it doesn't make you look like a cadaver (let your skin tone decide). It would be great on fingers paired with a dark pedi. In fact, I will probably wear this more on my fingers than my toes this season. A lot of polish companies have a gray in their fall line and it continues to be a hot color. And gray eye makeup has been featured in a lot of magazines for the fall. So instead of matching you nails to your lips, match them to your eyes!
I like fun and funky nail colors because I think they spice up my usual neutral, classic clothes. To me, this reminds me of my gray patent flats and the gray beaded bracelet...that I'm wearing today (not to match the gray dress, but to match the toes - I am a sad, sorry case). It's not as crazy as a bright blue or green or yellow, but still with some edge. Or that's my thought. If it's not your thing, no worries. Wait till I post on the new OPI Here Today Aragon Tomorrow, with its perfect eyeliner complement (let me tell you, I am in love with my new eyeliner). I will probably tire of the gray in a couple of days since I am dying to try this new OPI shade. And will post on it asap, of course.
Polyvore for today:
Wearing Today-8/17/09 by HeidiGblog featuring J Crew
Signing off now. I promise to catch up on blog reading, even if I'm not commenting as much as usual. I have really missed seeing what everyone is up to...as well as the fun JC fall purchases, natch. Which reminds me, I still haven't put together my fall wishlist...