Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another Summer Sandal

In an effort to replace my much-loved Target-Isaac Mizrahi Liz sandals from last summer (hehe, isn't it funny that's the name he gave them?), I have been perusing the shoe aisles at my local Target and trying on quite a few.

So far, this is my favorite for summer. It's the Mossimo Wanda sandal. I did get it - last week, I believe, when they were on sale for $12.99. This is the dark brown color - it's so pretty in real life, a very rich dark brown - not too red or gray. I think it would actually go with everything. The sandals are also available in black. The black pair has white stitching, while the stitching on the brown is tone-on-tone. Size-wise, I went with the higher end of my usual size range (9 or 9 1/2 - I got the 9 1/2). There is some cushioning in the insole for comfort. The straps keep the shoe on your foot, but don't chafe. The elastic at the heel makes it very easy to slip on. It's not real leather, but it also doesn't make the squelchy sound that fake leather sometimes does. I can't wait to wear them this spring!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't seen that one yet. It's really cute. Good review, esp the part of about them not squishing. I swear Target has made huge improvements in their footwear dept.

HeidiG said...

I agree that they have made improvements. It was funny - my fave Liz IM sandal from them last year - I ordered it in 3 colors online, but returned 2 of them because they made that weird sound. The other one and the one I got in store didn't.