Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dear Cashmere, I love you. XOXO, HeidiG




Mardi Gras Shopping Item #1: J Crew Cashmere Crewneck Tee in snow. Somehow this simple beauty was hanging on the (not additionally reduced :< ) sale rack, but it was $39.99. Apparently, it wasn't really supposed to be out there, but the universe was smiling upon my master plan.


Have I mentioned how much I love cashmere? Who doesn't... with the exception of some people with allergies and skin issues, and I am so sorry if that is you.


In honor of my no-shopping-Lenten season, I chose this as the outfit for Day #1. See, I haven't exactly gotten to the closet clean-out/reorg yet. Re: the sweater, what can I say? It's simple, clean, and maybe a bit plain - but it's just waiting to be spiced up. Today, I was feeling uncluttered so I went with a short chunky Silpada chain and cross, my trusty Chicos jeans, and the Mossimo Desta ballet flats. And my kelly green Gap corduroy jacket (that my babysitter actually has, too!) to top it off outside and brighten up the palette. Looking at the pic, I really should have gone with bigger jewelry or a scarf, and some fun shoes. So noted for next time...

4 comments:

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Looks great, and what a DEAL!!! Congratulations! :)

HeidiG said...

Thanks, FFM!

dinagideon said...

Uh, just saw this post...must have missed in my sickness...that color is striking on you...love that it is cashmere, too!

HeidiG said...

Thanks, Dina. I would wear a cashmere LS tee every day of the week if I could. They are so comfy and cozy!