Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lenten Shopping Ban - Day 1

So, day 1... How did it go? Pretty well. I worked at home in the AM, and then saw Confessions of a Shopaholic in the afternoon before the kids got home from school. A very good way to start off a break from shopping. Cute, cute movie - very fun. And some definite food for thought. Interestingly enough, my book club is discussing the book Friday night. (yes, I have read the book)

My son almost did me in, though, when he asked for a pair of (really cute and very cool) shorts from the Land's End catalog - and they had a 20% promo today and today only. I told Michael that we would get the shorts when it was actually shorts weather. I'm sure it won't be the last promo. And he never asks for anything. Maybe an Easter present?

I have sort of started on the clean up closet project. I should post before and after pics. I had to do a quick go through to put together my bag for the consignment shop on Friday. I really, really need to wade in there, though.

Tomorrow, I'll be at home working all day, except for a quick run to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription. The not-shopping does seem to free up some time! I really should be using some of that to go through the closet, though...

4 comments:

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Good for you! Stay strong...you can do it! Btw, I read on Slastena's blog that you got the Scalloped tank in Navy...congrats! I wish I had tried it on in that color since you said it also has black on it, is that correct? I tried on the White/Cream color and LOVE the fit...so great for Spring and Summer.

Have a wonderful day and good luck cleaning out your closet! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on day 1! You will definitely have time for other things in your life. I am starting on 3/1 and calling it a "refocus."

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi! Thank you for all of your kind words! Its good to take a break from shopping! It helps you to be content with what you have! Good luck with the closet! I LOVE a cleaned up closet. I've posted about it before. Have a wonderful day!

HeidiG said...

thanks for visiting, ladies! And day 2 is almost over!!