Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Some J Crew Alternatives to the Sweet Cantaloupe V-neck Sweater (your opinion does count...)

Help.... Ok, so I just can't keep the J Crew Silk/Linen V-neck sweater in the sweet cantaloupe (per reasons mentioned in last post). I really like the fit, so I am planning to see what color I can exchange for in store. But I am browsing the Final Sales section (I love you, 30% off FS!!!) and I found a couple of alternatives, all of which fit the requirement of something BRIGHT, not neutral. So I am asking for some opinions. And also some info, in case you have any of these and can clue me in on fit. They say fitted. Size up or down? Please don't tell me TTS, because I am M/L, so I have to go one way or the other.

First - the Tipped Argyle Cardigan (#13124, orig $98, FS $69.99 + 30% off). Love the sun-pewter-charcoal combo. Usually I size up in cardis. What do you think?












Next the Henley V-neck Sweater (#99824, orig $68, FS $39.99 + 30% off). I like the bright tangerine and the key lime.












Or should I go with the Silk-Linen V-neck in another color. Thoughts???

11 comments:

sparrowsandsparkles said...

I love the argyle cardi... but then I love argyle and yellow/gray together and I have one very very similar. It is really easy to work with - great with jeans, grays... but I also like the silk/linen v in another color... you have some good options!

AppGal said...

I like the argyle cardi too, but like S&S, I too just love argyle in general. I have a similar argyle v-neck cardi and I think it fits TTS. The henley v-neck sweater would be my LAST choice, simply because I've seen it on someone and it really isn't that flattering.

GingerSnap said...

I personally like the argyle cardi. I actually have the henley sweater (and if you choose it order smaller - it runs BIG) and I am disappointed with its fit...I'm going to try and shrink mine!

dinagideon said...

Silk/Linen in another color...it fits you so beautifully!!! :)

Alexandra said...

I like the silk/linen in another color. It is a great fit on you. I also love the argyle cardi because they are easy to wear. I am sure anything you pick would be beautiful on you...

Patina said...

I really love the argyle. The size of the sweater i get depends on the material it's made of (crazy, I know ) So see what sizes you run in whatever material sweater you are looking to buy and get it in that size.

Daisy said...

I love my henley in lime, but it is very slouchy, comfy and long! Great for casual running around ... definitely downsize. The silk/linen looks more polished and fits you nicely.
No real help here!

Unknown said...

I think the silk linen vneck looks great on you. Do they have a strong, bright color? I vote for the argyle cardi and the henley in bright tangerine. I think that color would look good on you. Maybe get another silk linen vneck later and get the henley while it's still available.

Anonymous said...

I think #2 or #3, NOT #1

Donna said...

I love the argyle cardi! I keep getting drawn to the henley but at the last minute I decide against it (Actually had it in my shopping bag this morning and went without :) ). None of the colors jump out at me enough. I thought the silk linen v-neck fit you great so maybe see if there is a color you like better in the store?

HeidiG said...

Thank you all very much for the input. I really appreciate it!! After doing some try-ons today of other JCA-outing purchases, I decided that the silk-linen looks really good with the gateau skirt (see upcoming post), so I will probably look for another color.

Current plan is to hit the B&M tomorrow morning, and then I can order FS in the afternoon and get the 30% - if it's meant to be, it will still be there. I do keep staring at the yellow-gray argyle cardi (which may be a good substitute for the ON striped sweater jacket, to be featured in tonight's other post - lots to talk about, ladies)

Again, thank you all for your input - very helpful!!