Thursday, March 5, 2009

J Crew Beaded Shore Tunic

The J Crew Beaded Shore Tunic (#11316, orig. $59.50, currently on sale for $39.99) I got what I thought was this exact top about a month or so ago at a B&M - for $13.99 ($19.99 plus 30% off sale) Now, interestingly enough, my receipt has a different item number (#12936) but I have been looking and looking at the picture online and they look identical, down to the silver beading detail along the neckline, cuffs, and hem. (BTW, if someone can clear up the mystery, I would love to hear.) Online it is still available in desert brown, fuchsia, and ivory.

The tunic is nice and long. The sleeves are 3/4 length. As mentioned above, there is pretty silver beading along the neck, cuffs, and hem. The fabric is very soft, not stiff at all.

Am I going to wear it as a beach cover up? No way - too sheer and too wrinkly. (I like knits for over bathing suit wear.) But it makes a perfect tunic over a tank and jeans, as at right. I will definitely try it with crops, or a mini, or even shorts. A nice light top for the summertime. Evening barbecues and fiestas...I am there.

This was a definite yes at $13.99. At $39.99, I don't know... What do you think? And does anyone know the story about the item numbers?

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I saw this at my B&M too and wasn't sure about it for a cover up, even at the awesome price. Now that I see you in it - I wish I got it! It looks fantastic with a tank and jeans. I think the beading at the neckline is just gorgeous.

HeidiG said...

Never too late to go back. :) The beading is so pretty, I agree.

Unknown said...

I got it in navy and love it. I also paid $13.99. I thought it was pretty at $40, but didn't want to pay that for a coverup even if I *could* wear it as a top. I can't find my receipt so I can't comment on the style number. The top that was/is in the stores looks exactly like the one online.

HeidiG said...

Gigi - I think we must have been shopping at the same time. :) Thanks for the validation - the item #'s were messing with my head!