Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Nail Files, Part 2

Just a little tip for the day...

I wish I could claim that I am as good about moisturizing my feet as I am with my hands. Yes, I should sleep with moisturizer and socks often, but if I do it once every 2 weeks, I'm doing well. I don't have a favorite foot cream, I find they all work pretty well.

So here's my tip - when you are about to do some form of low-impact exercise, be it walking, biking, even just maybe running around the mall doing errands - before you go, slather your feet in a heavy foot cream and then throw on socks. The heat of your feet really helps the cream sink in and moisturize your feet. The effect is basically like a foot mask. It's amazing! I would NOT recommend doing this with something high impact where you need grip with your feet (and haven't tried it in that sense yet).

And if that doesn't sell you on a little extra activity, maybe this will. One of my favorite quotes from my favorite makeup guru - Bobbi Brown - An hour of exercise does more for your skin than an hour at the dermatologist. (And yes, I should follow my own advice more.) Something to think about...

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Do those ped-eggs work? I have one and can't remember to keep using it. I am thinking I have to get the dead skin off first and then moisturize, no?

Emily said...

That is a great tip and I am going to try it tonight when I go for my 40 min power walk!

Unknown said...

I *try* to remember cream before I put on my workout socks. Good tip!

Joyce -- yes, the ped egg works. Just got one last week and it's great.

HeidiG said...

Joyce - I agree with Gigi. yes, the ped egg works - just make sure you are using it on dry (not wet or even moisturized) skin. I need to remember do use mine more often, because it's awesome!

Emily - Enjoy your walk! Hope this works for you.

Gigi - I *try* too. Let's just pat ourselves on the back for when we actually remember. Yay us!