Saturday, March 14, 2009

Basically Awesome - the J Crew Tissue Boyfriend V-neck Tee

Yes, it's a basic, and it doesn't have bells or whistles or sparkles or flowers or any of that. And I do love the fluff. But this is basically fantastic, as far as I'm concerned. The J Crew Tissue Boyfriend V-neck tee (#11657, $29.50). I have gotten 3 of these this year. And I love love love them.

First of all, it is soft, so soft, so so so soft. I could sleep in them every night. So cozy!

Colorwise, I have shell (see French Terry Double Zip Hoodie post), heather gray (see Merino Lili Ruffle-Chiffon Cardigan post), and navy (see Library Shawl Cardigan post). Navy is not listed online, but it was in-store. I did consider the white, but it was a bit too sheer for me. Online has 12 colors - dark, light, and bright. They layer perfectly under everything.

Fit-wise, I would say it is a bit big. The medium on me has plenty of room but isn't too baggy. The length is perfect - nice and long. And unlike the perfect fit tee, it isn't skin tight, so it doesn't ride up. The v-neck is flatteringly low, but not slutty. Great as an under layer, as I have used it so far. And equally great in warmer weather as the backdrop for some fabulous accessories - just about any necklace will be amazing with this tee (as shown in the catalog pic up top) or an armful of bangles.

So think about basic, not as boring, but as essential, fundamental, necessary, indispensable, major. (Thank you to the thesaurus in Word.)

9 comments:

Patina said...

Great post, thanks. I bought two of the perfect fit scoop neck tees last week and I hope they don't ride up.I will put these on my must have list. Is it see thru?

GingerSnap said...

Sometimes the basics are the best...and simple can look just as sexy if not more than something all "bedazzled!"

HeidiG said...

ShopDiva-I thought the white was see thru, but not the other colors. The shell could be sheer - if I were wearing it on its own, I would probably layer a cami underneath it. Gray and navy, not needed.

GingerSnap - I agree. I do think I could use a few more snazzy underlayers to jazz up things but I do tend toward the simple in general.

AppGal said...

ooh, thanks for the review! i'd been eying these too as an alternative to the perfect fit tee. they seem like the perfect thing to just throw on in warm weather. would love to see some irl pics, hint hint ;) hope you had a good weekend!

HeidiG said...

AppGal - will post IRL pics when I have them - that's why I linked to the posts I had - that's the closest I had to IRL - but I realize that looking at them under a sweater or hoodie isn't that great.

That will actually dovetail nicely with my wardrobe project this week, which is how to dress for new puppy's 1st week home without going to total slopitude.

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Cute tees! How is everything going with your new puppy?

HeidiG said...

FFM -that's so funny, I just commented on your post about it. But going very well so far I have to say. Thanks for asking!

Emily said...

I love a plain tee. I picked up a couple over the weekend because my old ones are wearing thin. I think all the tees will look great on you!

HeidiG said...

Thanks, Emily. I love how soft & comfy they are. Hope you enjoy yours, too!