Saturday, March 7, 2009

J Crew Tissue Hoodie

Hello, Spring Weather! You are the perfect reason to bring out the J Crew Tissue Hoodie. (#10091,orig $49.50, currently $39.99 online) I got this at a B&M in late January for $19.99, while they had 30% off final sale, so it was $13.99. Inconsistent pricing, ARGH. But when it's in my favor, I'll take it. I guess the downside is I couldn't return it, but I love it - so no worries there! Would I pay the current 39.99 price for it? I don't know, maybe if I had nothing like it in my closet. The color I got is light pewter, which I am really drawn to this year. The hoodie is currently available online light pewter, champagne, and natural. By the way, this is a big reason that I didn't get the french terry double zip hoodie in light pewter - too close.

I really like the kind of rolled unfinished edge nest to the cuffs & bottom band, along the neckline, and the pockets. They give it a nice detail. Fit-wise - I sized up to a large because I wanted the looser fit. And did I tell you how soft this hoodie is? Oh, it is soft... It is so soft... It is so so very very very soft. You can't help but be happy in something this comfy.

With a nice semi-light weight overall, it's perfect for a spring day. I could just bum around with a tank and yoga pants. Or, like today, toss on that white tank with some dark (i.e. trusty Chicos) jeans, last spring's Target gray patent flats, and a sparkly necklace. I'm ready to go. I can also easily picture it with the usual summer white jeans, or a cute skirt, or some fun shorts a la the top picture, some fun sandals. Lots of options!

Time to go back outside and play. Hope you have nice weather wherever you are!

2 comments:

dinagideon said...

Don't you love Saturdays for play? That hoodie is perfect for that! :) I hope you had fun!

HeidiG said...

Yes, such a great weekend for that!!