Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Little Fun for the Little Girls

So E and I decided that she needed some spring shoes since it's getting to be March and she is mostly wearing her dark fall/winter shoes, and the white sneakers are just about toast. So off we went to Target on Sunday afternoon, and this is what we came home with - Target's Girls' Camp Rock Wedge.

Ok, ok, they are heels. But seriously, have you seen some of the trashy things they have for this age group? It's hard to keep them from looking like a 14-year-old hoochie most of the time. (Don't get me started on my bathing suit rant. I like 2-piece for her because it's easy come bathroom time, but I don't want her wearing a Brazilian bikini) And we (yes all of us) did love Camp Rock.

Anyway... they have such a cute selection of toddler shoes, but the girls shoes were rather lacking. These at least, aren't too high (you wouldn't believe some of the girls shoes...) and they are definitely more secure than a flip flop. And she loved them. Good fun. And I'm sure they'll be trashed within a few months and we can bid them adieu!

6 comments:

dinagideon said...

I am on the floor laughing at the thought of CW in a pair of shoes like that...would look real good with all her drool. ;)

They are cute though...not a Bratz doll in sight, it seems!!!

HeidiG said...

Dina - Well, they are washable. Quite frankly, Ihave found that all their kids' shoes are washable, even the leather or suede ones (a first tested by my sister-in-law). C'mon, we're not talking about fine Italian leather.

But ugh, so *NOT* a fan of Bratz - that's my line in the sand.

dinagideon said...

My hubby and I died the first time we saw a bratz doll and then they made bratz babies...

We had to buy the cloe baby bratz with her (not even joking) leather jacket and fishnet stockings...oh, and the chain that hooks her bottle to her belt. That is true class... ;)

Even though we bought it, CW is forbidden from playing with it...

HeidiG said...

Dina - that is too funny. So CW is forbidden from playing with it so you can have it on display on your mantle? ;)

sparrowsandsparkles said...

too funny we are on the same wavelength! I bought my girls a couple pairs of cute, cute sandals at Target on Sat I will get around to posting soon! I am So with you on the Bratz, crazy inappropriate clothes for little girls etc...

HeidiG said...

SparrowsAndSparkle - loved your shoes too! But I wasn't quite ready to do sandals yet - we really needed an alternative to the current winter shoes for right now.