Thursday, March 12, 2009

J Crew Cambrige Cable Turtle in Tangelo and a Closet Update

It's cold here today. Really chilly compared to the earlier part of the week. I know, I know, cry me a river, whatever... But still... I'm not asking for 70-degree days ad infinitum. But, 45 degrees and windy is just not fun. Can we please take it up a few degrees and let the wind die down. Please?? What to do on a day where you've got spring in your heart but winter outside your doorstep? And you are always cold so you can't just thumb your nose at Mother Nature and wear a tshirt?

Let's see... how about a cozy sweater in a nice, bright, sun-shiny color? Hello J Crew Cambridge cable turtleneck sweater in Tangelo. It's kind of a crazy color. It totally reminds me of the very bright Crayola "yellow-orange" crayon. Or was it "orange-yellow"? I think they had both and they were 2 very different colors. Suffice it to say, it's bright and cheery. Yes, of course I got it on sale. I think January-ish, during one of the 20% off sales, probably $39.99-ish. It's a little sheer, so I sized up to the large, whereas my old navy Wellesley cable turtle is a medium. It's a good way to bring a little warmth into my day as I sit here and sip my tea. (paired with standard cami, Chicos jeans, navy patent flats, and very cool AT Loft pocket watch necklace)

So...how's that closet going? Thanks for asking! Well, remember my nefarious plan to trick myself on Monday by dumping all the pants on my bed right before I went to the office for a meeting? Worked like a charm. Of course I had to go through them all. Putting them away without the try-on would have taken almost as long. So here's our progress, with accompanying "pile" pictures.

Sunday - skirts, and Monday - pants - wish I had a picture of the pants pile up - it was scary.

Tuesday - dresses, exercise/gardening/paint clothes (it's a sliding scale and items move down the chain)

Wednesday - shirts and jackets (basically tops other than sweaters). This one almost did me in. I started it at 8:00 right after the kids went to bed. So so so did not want to do it. But the piles made me. (yay for the evil plan!)Thursday - sweaters, sweatshirts, bathing suits, bathing suit coverups

I still haven't worked through today's pile, but will obviously do so before I get to go to bed. My bag for the consignment shop is over-full, so I will definitely have enough to take tomorrow, and may have to set up another appointment while they are still taking spring clothes.
Still to do: shoes, bags, and coats, and the random items in the nether regions of the closet.




16 comments:

dinagideon said...

I have a cashmere turtleneck in that color and I LOVE it! It is surprising how many people look good in this color...from the very fairest to the darkest! :)

This orange is beautiful on you!

Wow, your sorting reminds me of what I do every fall and spring...takes a lot of work but makes your life so much easier. Good luck with it all!

Emily said...

Oh la la that tangelo is so pretty on you!

It's cold and wet in Dallas today so I know how you feel. I have my cashmere femme sweater on and it is so comfy. I can only imagine how warm your turtleneck is.

Patina said...

I love the color on you. I have the cambridge cardigan and I love it. It's the perfect weight and feel for a day like today. It is a warm and cozy sweater.
What a great sense of accomplishment you must have

HeidiG said...

Dina - This color looks better than I thought it would. I *should* do more regular sorting - then I wouldn't be in this mess. It's probably been 2 years since the last closet cleanse.

Emily - I have the cashmere femme sweater in navy and absolutely love it - wish I had gotten it in several colors. The cashmere swing sweater looks similar, but could be too swingy on the bottom. Hope it gets warm for you soon!

ShopaholicDiva - Have you ever seen the Cambridge cardi in store? I'm such an IRL person.

KatyO. said...

Tangelo is gorgeous on you! {seethes with jealousy}

sparrowsandsparkles said...

love, love, love this color! Looks great :) I have that t-neck in brown and the cambridge V in a couple colors. Great sweaters.

HeidiG said...

KatyO - listen to Dina - it looks good on a lot of people. Try it! It would be just smashing with your zippy new silver car.

S&S - how do you like the vneck? Does it fit the same as the tneck?

Anonymous said...

Great fun color. You wear it well. I have JC Merino tneck in that color too. LOL

Patina said...

yes I do own the cambridge cardiagn in muslin. The same color as the model on the jcrew site. I bought it to go with the cheri ball cami that was modeled with it. However the cheri ball cami is too beautiful and elegant in my opinion and I opted for the yellow gold and silver cardigan that dina wore a couple days ago (sorry can't remember the name). Also the cambridge cardigan is not sheer at all. Sorry I haven't built up enough nerve to post IRL pics yet but I am getting there

HeidiG said...

Anon @10:16- too funny. we could all dress like twins/triplets if we tried, I think.

ShopaholicDiva - thanks for the info! Looking forward to seeing your IRL pics sometime - when/if you're ready.

Beth said...

Looks great... good color for you!

Patina said...

Heidi, I have body image problems lol. I am always picking myself apart in pics UGH!!!!!!! It's a constant battle that I need to break out of. ARe you going to the JCA get together?

HeidiG said...

ShopDiva (sorry - that's my new nickname for you, don't hate me, it's easier to type and not misspell) - the truth is we all have body image problems, just varying issues and levels. Note how I always swivel when I pose? Yes, I am going to the DC JCA event - I am so looking forward to meeting you and the other DC JCAs!!

Patina said...

Lol Heidi. You are so funny. I like the swivel hips comment. BTW my name is Stephanie if that makes it easier for you or use Shopdiva. lol. I am ok with either. I am off this weekend (out of uniform and wearing regular cloths) so I may post pics sunday

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Love this color on you, Heidi! So very, very pretty! :)

HeidiG said...

FFM - thanks!

ShopDiva - enjoy the weekend off. Looking forward to all your pics!!