Friday, March 20, 2009

Wardrobe Challenge Day #5 - Crash and Burn

Well, I am being honest here. The cute outfit was just not happening today. Personal training got moved to 12:30 since Laura, my PT partner, had to work this morning, so I figured hey, no problem, PT from 12:30-1:30, quick trip to the grocery, let Lucy out, shower, get ready, and I'm good to go and have plenty of time to get the kids at the bus.

Riiiiiiight. Let's see, PT, check, grocery, check and then the phone rings. It's school, E has a 100.6 temp, have to go pick her up, Lucy back in crate, out the door, back home, let Lucy out, get E settled....and it's already 3:00 or so, no time to shower, etc. before the bus. So here I am in my filthy glory.

Makeup - threw a quick coat of Olay's Definity w/ a touch of color on this morning, Bobbi Brown's lip balm in Rose Petal, and a touch of Clinique Lash Power long wearing mascara (seriously, this stuff doesn't budge until you rub it with warm water - it takes a bit to build volume, but it's my go-to mascara for summer or days like this when I just want a little touch of something).

And for the fabulous wardrobe... UnderArmour hooded sweatshirt in a nice spring-y color, pants by C9 at Target (they have them in Tall, yes!!), and, not pictured, running shoes by Brooks (mine are GT7, 2 years old).

I swear I am showering later tonight, but it just didn't happen. Nothing like a sick kiddo to change your plans. But how do I feel? I feel great. It was a good week so far. Puppy training is going well. Lucy is so sweet. E has a temperature, but I think it's just the exhaustion from the week. I did get to work out, which always makes me feel good, even though I grouse while doing it - love my trainer Mary Beth - she is just awesome, as well as a great friend.

So Happy Spring to everyone!!

(explosion pic from www.freeclipartnow.com)

10 comments:

dinagideon said...

I do not agree...you look fantastic in that color and your makeup looks divine...

:) I hope it's okay that I disagree!

HeidiG said...

Dina, you are always so kind. And you are always welcome to disagree. Clearly this is not my best effort, but I did at least choose a more fitted sweatshirt in a good color. Thanks! :)

Patina said...

No way!!!!! You look to good to have had that kind of day. lol. No. seriously, you always look great...even in sweats

GingerSnap said...

If you are looking for a great go-to mascara, you should give the new one from Loreal a try. It is double-ended (which I am usually not a fan of) but it has the new "tube" technology. It is amazing, you get lashes so big that they look like fake ones. And, the mascara does not budge at all during the day, but comes off EFFORTLESSLY with just warm water (no soap!). It is my new miracle beauty product!

birdie butter said...

Need Supply is a cute little boutique in Carytown ... They have all the latest denim, cute tops, jackets, shoes, and accessories. They sell men's and women's merchandise & the prices are affordable. It's an alternative to urban outfitters! Sometimes they sell merchandise by local designers.

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Heidi, that color of blue is absolutely GORGEOUS on you!

Christina said...

You look fabulous! You can still look great in sweats.

Anonymous said...

okay, someone finally did a post on how I really dress!!! That's me in a nutshell, even down to the bare min. of makeup! How funny, you call it a crash and burn and its the one I relate to the most. (wink)

HeidiG said...

ShopDiva - thanks! It was crazy. But I got 10 hours of sleep last night (thank you, hubby!) so I am finally caught up and ready to go.

GingerSnap - thanks for the mascara info. My usual is YSL Faux Cils, but it is time to get a new one, just for age reasons, so I'll have to give that one a try. I am a total nail polish junkie, but a bit of a mascara junkie too.

Birdie Butter - thanks for the great info! I will definitely have to check that out next time I head "home".

HeidiG said...

FFM - thanks. this is my 2nd fave shade of blue (outside of navy). I will have to find more in this color - did you hear that J Crew??

Christina - thanks, so kind!

Lissa - too funny. I think the Crash & Burn refers mostly to the lack of shower that day - it would have been different had I actually gotten to shower and willfully choose that sweatshirt. Trust me, I wear my good old Nike or Target yoga pants plenty of days - but the personal hygiene is a must. It reminded me of back in the baby days.