Thursday, March 26, 2009

Today's Outfit and Mall Outing

First...a little dose of spring for you. Haven't had a chance to pick up pansies to put in pots, but I did grab a hanging basket of violas for next to the garage (we have a detached garage out back). I always love a bit of color here. So nice to see the sweet yellow flowers, especially on a yucky, gray, rainy, chilly day like today. Memo to spring: where did you go?

My mom came up last night to visit and meet Lucy and we went to the mall to run around and have some lunch. I did return the 2 ON striped sweater jackets (and the medium tall is on its way to me, thank you, FFM!). And I didn't buy one more thing. I really and truly wasn't tempted. I checked out the new Chanel Spring polishes, but naw, not that great. I browsed by the shoes at Nordstrom on our way to the Nord Cafe but mostly out of idle and not targeted curiosity. And I wasn't even interested in J Crew because (squeeee) can't wait for our DC JCA outing on Sunday. The desire just wasn't there. I think this is a big step for me.

But it's chilly, gray, rainy, icky - yes, I know I already said that. So what to do...cashmere, please. Pull out the J Crew cashmere long sleeve tee, add trusty Chicos jeans and these cute Clarks Artisan red patent peeptoes (insanely comfy). When we went out, I put on my yellow AT Loft short trench from last spring (need to add that pic sometime), which always totally bumps up the color of an outfit. So yellow coat and red shoes - much more colorful than this pic here. I'm working on the color thing....

Then I need a great necklace. I had to do a close up pic of this one. I love the mix of metals. It's so sparkly. Isn't it fab? Well, of course it is because fab friend Sherry picked it up for me at the jewelry show in NOLA when she was there for Mardi Gras (so pre shopping ban, thank you). I will say that I did think about it before I emailed back a "yes, get it" after she sent the pic. It wasn't immediate.

And here's your Lucy pic for the day. Well, 2 pics actually, because I couldn't choose. I love the one of her looking down because it's so puppy-ish, but the look-at-the-camera pic really shows here eyes - she just look so old there! And the detail in the outside pics is so much better. Funny Lucy story for you all...when my mom got here late last night, we were hanging out in the family room. She was playing with Lucy and said "Where does her brown nose come from, the poodle or the Lab?" Hubby and I both looked at each other and in unison said "The dirt." Well, it made me laugh. I'm still giggling thinking about it...

17 comments:

Emily said...

Your puppy is so darn cute! I really like those shoes. The pop of color is so nice with your outfit and that necklace is pretty! I hope you have a wonderful time at the JCA outing! I can't wait to see pictures from everyone.

GingerSnap said...

The pup is so cute. Please post the picture of the added trench coat from Ann Taylor. I would love to see it. You always look so pulled together :)

dinagideon said...

HeidiG: You look so thin!!! (Just thought you would like to know...).

Isn't it awful here? I cannot wait for the pretty sun and warm temps to come back. Your pansies are pretty, though!!

And of course your puppy...DARLING!!!

sparrowsandsparkles said...

super cute! I love red shoes with basic colors. And yes, the necklace is fab. Also have to tell you Nordstrom Cafe is my 5 yr old's all time favorite. She loves the fruit and cheese plate. She even wrote a little one sentence illustrated story about it in Kindergarten... drew all the little tables. too funny!

Posey Ford said...

I love this look! Very casual with statement-making elements like the necklace and the red shoes!

Patina said...

I agree. I love to pair bright colored shoes with a basic pair of pants and sweater. You look great. I love the necklace. Guess what? I have the charm braclet!!! We have such great taste (smile) Lucy seems to be growing by leaps and bounds.

HeidiG said...

Emily - thank you! She is a cutie! And I am sure we will all be posting pics!

GingerSNap - thank you! I will definitely post a pic of the yellow trench when I remember to take a pic. Now is the season when I really start wearing it - esp on these gray days!

Dina - stop by anytime, honey! thanks for noticing - I'm up to 10 lbs off now, and that was even with totally fab dinner party this weekend! What fun we will have trying on Sunday!

S&S - that is so cute! My kids love it - and they love the tomato soup, so I now make the recipe at home (adapted from their Friends & Family cookbook). It's so much healthier than in a can and it freezes great! I do love that they have the fruit & cheese plate - it's so kid-friendly!!

PoseyFord - thank you!

ShopDiva - though I would fall woefully short, we'll have to compare jewelry sometime! Lucy is growing so fast - she's up to 18 lbs!

A said...

Love the outfit on you Heidi with those pretty red shoes. I imaging a yellow jacket would be the perfect finishing touch.

Your new puppy is SO sweet. What fun! I really enjoy seeing the pictures of her too. :)

KatyO. said...

Your outfit is great! White, black, and red are fab together. :) And your puppy is adorable!!

nolagirl40 said...

Hope you and your mom had a great visit...Heidi you always look so adorable...what a great look..esp. love the necklace...hee hee.... Always got my girl covered!!

Unknown said...

The cashmere looks so soft. I love the red shoes. Yeah...we have to get some prints on you. I noticed that after you mentioned you don't really wear them.

HeidiG said...

BiggerCloset - I promise to get the yellow trench on here soon. Usually I take the pics upstairs and the bag & jacket are downstairs.

KatyO- thank you!

NolaGirl-you are so fab as always. Very nice visit with mom. Artichoke Parmesan soup at Nord Cafe-yum!

Gigi-I am so a solids girl. And some stripes. I have very few prints. The problem is I just don't wear them. And I am such a neturals girl. Is that my right style (because I like to jazz it up with the accessories) or am I boring and need some freshening up? I constantly ask myself that question. Maybe I can find a new print to add at the DC JCA outing on Sunday...

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

You look FAB, as usual! Lucy is ADORABLE, too! :)

HeidiG said...

FFM - thank you! You are always so kind and sweet. I hope you get TONS accomplished today!

Anonymous said...

cute, cute puppy! Yes, Emma is my little peanut because she's so stinkin' tiny and always has been. Funny we have the same name and nickname, huh?

HeidiG said...

Lissa - so coincidental, that's really funny! Hope you all are having a fantastic vacation!!

Dog Beds said...

I love the cute puppy and your outfits!

Would you have any interest in putting together dog outfits for my blog?

email info@poochieheaven.com if you are!