Tuesday, March 24, 2009

J Crew Cashmere Femme Sweater

Today's outfit... the J Crew Cashmere Femme Sweater, in navy. Gosh, I can't even remember how long I've had this. I got it this fall, but I don't even remember if it was online or B&M - probably B&M since I likely wouldn't have chanced this fit online. It has been a great sweater - you know how much I love my cashmere... And of course, navy, my favorite color. It was a good choice today for season (spring=navy in my book) and weather (sunny but very, very cool).

And...stop me if you've heard this...Chico's jeans - yes I do wear them this much. Plus the cute Payless flats from Summer 06. And I added a long necklace from Ann Taylor Loft - last spring, I think, with some silver bracelets (1 Tiffany and 1 Schwarzchild) and a pair of hoops (Silpada). I think I'll wait just a little bit longer before doing the long necklace again, it was a little too tempting for Lucy.

I like the flowy fit of the sweater. It is a-line, but not too trapeze-like. I would actually love to get this sometime in another color. It makes a fabulous backdrop to any accessories. And the bracelet sleeves...well, they show off my bracelets.

Unlike the other puppy training sweaters, which I was wearing knowing I would need to wash before storing, I plan on wearing this one a few more times this spring. I think my white jeans or pale khakis would really jazz it up a bit. But Lucy's not ready for white jeans yet, is she?

11 comments:

Akansha said...

very cute sweater. Nice fit on you !

HeidiG said...

Akansha - thank you! And thanks for stopping by!!

Patina said...

Hi Heidi. Yes, navy is my favorite sping color also. Combined with the cashmere and you got a great sweater for our crazy weather here in Md. thanks for the idea because I forgot that I can get a few more wears out of my winter cashmere sweaters. I will just throw on a scarf to keep my neck warm (i sound like an old lady now lol). I love, love, love the jewelry you're wearing today. Oh and give your puppy a puppy hug for me. I love the pics

GingerSnap said...

I love the idea with the sweater with white jeans, but definitely wait until the Pup is with a babysitter or she is a little older...we do not need "paw prints" on white jeans :)

HeidiG said...

ShopDiva - I definitely plan on wearing my cashmere sweaters longer. The snow and the blade green are perfect spring-y colors to use for warmth. And yes, I am all about the warmth, too. I wear my pashminas knotted around the neck all the time as scarves - warmth and coziness but not too heavy. Thanks on the jewelry, too. Bracelets worked well - they can stand up to the puppy piranha, and it wouldn't kill me if something had happened to the necklace either.

GingerSnap- yes, waiting until pup is a little older. But the white jeans that I have - there are 4 pairs, 2 each of 2 styles - they are my summer staples. They have proven pretty washable, but would definitely not chance it yet or in rainy weather!

Rachel said...

Love this ensemble - way to maximize your winter sweaters! The cut of that sweater is just perfect.

And by the way, Lucy is absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Navy is a good color on you! wait a bit for the white jeans, puppies love to jump on me whenever they are all dirty specially if I am wearing white.
Lucy is super cute!
Sandra

dinagideon said...

I am so sorry this has taken me so long to comment on (darnit, work)...I love the whole outfit. I especially love the necklace because it gives the outfit its special lift. I could actually see you wearing this with heels, your hair up, and eyeliner on...out to eat at a chic restaurant. VERY lovely on you!

HeidiG said...

Rachel - thank you! And thanks for visiting. The cut on this one just works - flowy enough but not tent-ish.

Anon/Sandra - Thanks, and haha, yes a little while longer on the white jeans. One of Lucy's favorite spots is to crawl in my lap while I'm sitting on the floor criss-cross-applesauce and chew on toys. So not white jeans friendly just yet.

Dina - oh yeah, work, such a buzz kill at times. I agree on the sweater - it has such a great cut, it definitely can be dressed up, which I have done. And it works with any necklace - they all stand out really well, but the chunkier the better. btw, I am wearing eyeliner, just not a lot, *lol*. Not Vanessa in Paris eyeliner.

Emily said...

I love the cashmere femme sweater! I have one in a wheat color and wish I had bought a couple more. Love the sweater on you! Navy is great color on you!

HeidiG said...

Emily - Thank you, and I know, isn't it a great sweater? So wish I had another color in this, too.