Sunday, March 1, 2009

J Crew library shawl cardigan

This one was a purchase from several weeks ago. The J Crew Library Shawl Cardigan, (#13377, orig $98, currently on sale online for $59.99). By the way, I don't think I'll wear it like this because I just don't do belts. I haven't bought a belt in years. I like the look of them. They just don't work so well on me. Although I like the idea of it with shorts. I plan to wear it with jeans, trousers, a mini, and a dress. Lots and lots of ideas.

The cardi comes in light pewter and putty. I chose the putty although it was a toss-up; I really liked both colors. It's only available online in the light pewter, but my B&M had putty when I was there last Thursday.

I can't even begin to tell you how cozy this is - but not too heavy. I was wondering why it was so soft until I looked at the tag and realized that it was cotton AND cashmere. (cashmere, squee!) Per Gigi's post, the blend is about 70% cotton/30% cashmere. (I cut my tag out, so don't have it, sorry.)

I love the weight. It's soft enough to wear now in Feb/March. But I think I'll be wearing it through about June at the very least. It would be a great cuddly evening sweater at the beach. Because the colors are both so light, it makes the sweater last longer through the seasons that it might in a darker color. I think that is the very definition of a transition piece.

I just love the longer length of it. Long tops work best on my figure. I've worn it open and closed. Sleeves are long enough. I think it's just a classic piece that I'll wear a long time. I wear it with the top 3 buttons done, and lower 2 undone (don't like it hugging under the booty so much).

Here I had it on this week with a navy tissue boyfriend vneck tee, my trusty Chicos jeans, navy patent BR flats (Spring 08), and pearls. I'm still experimenting with the right necklaces to wear with it when the top buttons are closed. Any ideas?

7 comments:

Slastena said...

Looks fabulous on you and I soooo covet it in same color. Hope it'll be around in 3 weeks. Seems like they have enough quantities right now in stock!Thank you for real life pics and review.

Unknown said...

That looks so great on you. I love it w/the flats. Cute.

HeidiG said...

Thanks, Slastena & Gigi. And Slastena - thanks again for the tip on how to check quantity. I've been utilizing it while on my shopping break!

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Heidi, this looks absolutely fabulous on you! Thanks for all the pics, too!

A said...

The cardi and the whole outfit looks fantastic on you Heidi! Very flattering. Your RL pics are much better than JC's picture of it IMHO. :)

HeidiG said...

Thanks, ABC & FFM. You all are so sweet!

Posey Ford said...

I so want this cardi too. Yay Heidi, great purchase. I also think this is such a pretty color and fit on you!