Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wardrobe Challenge, Day #4 - plus J Crew Tissue Boyfriend Vneck Tee

Whew, crazy day. The rain held off just long enough to walk Lucy to and from the bus stop. (Both times today - Yay! we are finally walking!!) But then it was just a deluge. Ugh. So here is the outfit for the day. First of all, this is my cute green corduroy jacket that my sister got me for my birthday a few years ago, from the Gap. I love the color it adds to any outfit! It's a little boxy, but hello, it is wide-wale corduroy and I like to delude myself into thinking that the punch of color distracts from it making my upper half look like a cube. Looks especially good with a fun scarf, but it wasn't quite that chilly this morning. Of course, right after the bus stop, I spent the rest of the day using my good old LLBean Rugged Ridge parka-so I was warm, dry, and toasty!

Also pictured here is my underlayer - the J Crew Tissue Boyfriend Vneck Tee (#11657, $29.50 online, but believe on special at B&M) in shell. I believe I have waxed poetic about them before (basically awesome, I say!). Love them! So unbelievably soft! And just, you know, soft. Did I mention how soft it is? So this is the IRL pic. If I were wearing this on its own, I would definitely layer a cami underneath - you can totally see the top of my jeans and the outline of my supposedly nude, invisible bra. Maybe if I were wearing khaki pants and a better bra, I wouldn't need to. The gray and navy are totally fine - do not need the under layer. As I shared before, the white one was way sheer when I looked at it in store. Don't forget how soft it is! (Ok, I'll stop now - but yes, I am very tactile. Don't get me started on cashmere again.)

So what did I put in between? (Sorry, had to do it in this order so I didn't feel like I was undressing as I went along the post.) The J Crew Cotton Vneck Sweater (#11022, orig $64, curr $49.50 online - believe I got it at B&M for $29.99 plus 30% off) in navy. This is actually a replacement for me. I had a very similar sweater from BR that was just done and ready to retire. Trust me, it owed me nothing. So when I saw this one, I was thrilled because it had the same exact cut (and longer length). So so so happy with this sweater. I think I actually would have paid full price for this sweater - that's how much I wore the old one. So I was particularly happy to get it on sale. With white jeans, it's the perfect spring outfit. Not so sure I'll be wearing my white jeans for a while with Lucy...

And once again, Chicos jeans, and the LL Bean canvas skimmers from yesterday in navy with white polka dots (Summer 08). They did add a little *spring* to my step. (Ohhh, ouch, groan, pardon the pun.)

Of course, for puppy class tonight, sweater and skimmers went bye bye and were replaced with a sweatshirt and my Crocs ballet flats. Much more practical for that excursion!

Just to share, here's a picture of the world's laziest dog. She woke up from a nap, walked a few steps to the water bowl, and then laid down to drink. Must be nice...

16 comments:

Joyce said...

Aww, she's so cute (you are, too!)Thx for the picture.

Patina said...

Heidi, you look beautiful as always and you're wearing my favorite color!!! One day, when I have control, i want a jackie cardigan in shell. I love your litte puppy. he is adorable.

Anonymous said...

You look super cute! I had to stop by again today to see what you were wearing!! Your puppy is super adorable! Is that a lab-mix? a labradoodle maybe?? Labs are one of the easiest dogs to train so hopefully she is not giving you a hard time! Keep the good work!!

dinagideon said...

That green jacket is stunning. :) I know you look beautiful in it (and no way do you look like a cube).

Your puppy is like the dog version of CW...cute, cute, and more cute. PRECIOUS!

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

Heidi, you are just too funny! I love reading your posts...they always make me smile. Lucy is so adorable, and you look cute as always! :)

Emily said...

I love the green jacket! The shell color tee is such a lovely color on you as well.

I recently got a soft tee from J. Crew and I can't believe how soft it is. I am going to have to try the boyfriend tee next. Do you think it runs big or TTS?

HeidiG said...

Joyce - thanks! she is a sweetie!

ShopDiva - thank you. I love this shell - so softly flattering, almost like candlelight.

Anon - Thanks, I will note, however, that if the sweater had been any thinner, it may not have worked well with the puppy teeth, you know? Lucy is a labradoodle. She is very good, I have to say, and is doing very well with training. She's pretty good about not nipping too much, but that's always harder with the kids.

Dina - thank you, I do love the green. Yes, Lucy is the canine version of CW. I'll have to start adding her to my pics to see if I glow like you do! :)

FFM - so happy to make you smile. I get so much enjoyment out of everyone else's blogs, it's nice to know that you enjoy mine.

Emily - I would say it runs a little big. I have on a M, and I go either M or L, depending on cut - but there is definitely some room in it, it is certainly not tight (thus the use of "boyfriend" term, I guess). I would definitely suggest sizing down.

Unknown said...

The puppy is so cute! I love your green jacket.

Posey Ford said...

This look is so refreshing! The green is such a great color. I love your puppy--so cute! Good luck with the puppy potty training! ;)

GingerSnap said...

Awww...Your new pup is adorable :) You always look so pulled together, even when just going out for a walk!

Anonymous said...

Cutie, cutie green jacket! and how cute about your dog!!! adorable! Have a great weekend Heidi!

HeidiG said...

Thanks, ladies. Puppy training is actually going very well - she is a smart little girl. Glad you appreciate my efforts this week - but wait until I post today's. IT will be good fun for all, I promise.

post-fab princess said...

Lucy is adorable! And you look fab as always. Cute casual shoes!

HeidiG said...

PBP - thanks. The shoes just make me feel spring-y, you know?

AppGal said...

love the outfits! Thanks for the boyfriend tee pic :) I think i will have to pick one up...I'm always looking for comfy tees that aren't too frumpy. these seem perfect! Your pup is precious. I love the mixes...my parents have a "yorkiepoo"--half yorkshire terrier, half teacup poodle. She's been the best dog!

HeidiG said...

Thanks, AppGal. Yeah, I really love this tee (as if you couldn't tell), so I hope you do, too. Lucy has been a great pup, hopefully growing into a great dog!