Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wardrobe Challenge Days #6 and #7, plus Wrap Up

Ok, so 1 day behind posting on the wardrobe challenge. It was way too nice outside, and I do have to sleep, you know. But I do at least have pics.

Day #6, Saturday - Fun day. My dad came up to visit the new grandpup. (Mom's coming up later this week - too much stuff going on this weekend.) We had lots of fun. Kids loved seeing him too, of course. Got lots of doggie goodies - unfortunately because my parents had to put their dog to sleep a month and a half ago. Sad for them, but nice to think the puppy supplies have a good use, and we saved some bucks. (I spent enough at the pet store this week!!!)

Outfit for Puppy Training - BR striped cotton turtleneck sweater (Spring 08, I think) - I love love love this sweater. It's such a nice light weight but it can layer for warmth, and even without under layers, it still doesn't show any lumps or bulges because of the stripe pattern. Love that!! Totally perfect sweater for springtime. I stalked this sweater until it went on sale, or I had a coupon and then I nabbed it. Totally worth it! To complete the outfit, Chicos jeans, and a cute pair of flats from Payless (totally comfy, too) from August 07. See, aren't these shoes cute??

And then Saturday night... Dinner party at my friend, Sherry's house. (BTW Sherry is the creative soul who came up with the name for my blog - thanks again, Sherry!!!) Anyway, she is a fabulous hostess, a fabulous cook, and just, well, all-around fabulous. Such a fantastic time. 7 adults, 6 kids, yummy food, fine conversation - it was all good. I was trying to decide what to wear... and inspiration in the form of FabulousFloridaMommy struck. I remember how much I loved her Polyvore & IRL pics of the white shirt layered under the Jackie shell. So crisp, classic, and chic. And PoseyFord did it too. So fab. So I grabbed my white AT Loft shirt from last year and a black Lord & Taylor cashmere shell, and threw them on. Perfect, just what I was looking for - especially when I added a favorite necklace (Limon-something from Anthropologie last summer - limonade? limoncello? can't remember) And finished it with my H&M ring, Mossimo Desta flats and my self-made Gap cropped pants. I tried on these black pants in store last spring, and of course, way too short to wear, but they fit perfectly. Light bulb went off, bingo, dropped them off at the cleaners on the way home, asked them to shorten 3 inches, and I had the perfect long cropped pants. The bonus is that I had forgotten about these, found them in the closet clean out, and they fit me better last night than they had when I did the try-on. Woo hoo! And hot rollered the hair - that, or massive amounts of noxious chemicals is the only way my hair ever sees curl (I remember when a friend asked me: You don't flat iron or blow out your hair? hahahahahahaha - that was good. Can you say straight as a stick?) Ok, so it may not be the most exciting outfit in the world, but I felt fabulous! Thanks, FFM & PoseyFord!!

Day #7, Sunday - I can't claim that I went really original today at all. First of all church - I totally recycled last night's outfit (minus the excess eye makeup and hot rollers). Worked great the second time, too. Then for puppy-don, well, not so original either. The sweater here might look a little familiar. Yep, it's Saturday's sweater in a heathered medium blue. Loved the striped one so much, I snagged this one later in the season on major sale. Need to underlayer sometimes, but love the color. Amazing with white jeans, too. On feet - Crocs Primas (they were last spring's ballet flats), because on today's agenda is a little gardening - not overalls worthy, though. I really wish I had taken pics of my projects because I did a major trim of the hollies in front of our front porch. They were so wild and unruly, and I probably took off half. It was awesome! I filled 2 1/2 of the brown yard recycle bags from 1 side, and the other side....um....well, I put some of it in the bag. And the rest is in a nice, big, huge pile for me to bag tomorrow. I can handle that. I felt so productive though. Also moved the bird bath to the side yard, outside the fence, as Lucy seems to think it's a raised water bowl. Not so good.

So how did I do with this week's Wardrobe Challenge? Pretty good, I would say. I think I proved that I didn't need to sink into total slopitude to work with a new puppy. And I felt better since I was spruced up, too. Friday's effort wasn't so great due to the unfortunate match up of late PT with sick daughter pick up at school. But let's face it, the ickiness that day was more due to the lack of shower than anything. (Yay for hygiene!) I give myself a solid B+ for the week. Still, it will be a while before I pull out the white jeans or the Lili ruffle chiffon cardi. But one of these days...

14 comments:

GingerSnap said...

I just love reading your blog. You are too cute and I love your outfit ideas, plus pictures of the super-cute puppy! Keep it up and keep us updated :)

dinagideon said...

Hey!!! That striped t-neck looks so nice on you and you look super-slim, as well. The polished outfit...wow. You definitely clean up well (that phrase always makes me wonder...why was it made up in the first place)!!! I also adore the blue on you.

Thank you for showing off three outfits...I would say your challenge is going well...

I am glad the grandparents were in town. Kids love their grandparents...and puppies love them, too!

Patina said...

Heidi, you were rocking this weekend. I loved every outfit. My favorite was your outfitfrom saturday night. You looked simply stunning!!! I will quote gigi "girl you better work"!!!! (doing the finger snap thing) lol

Anonymous said...

You look great! Love all your outfit ideas. I have copied some of them and I think I am starting to look better! haha
Have fun!
By the way my name is Sandra(the dog trainer)

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

FABULOUS Heidi!!! It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend and looked gorgeous the whole time! :)

HeidiG said...

Ladies, thank you all!!

GingerSnap - I am trying to keep it up, and will definitely keep posting Lucy pics. Since her coat is black, my challenge is to be able to capture her face and expression and pretty brown eyes. It's fun.

Dina - Super slim? I may wear it again today... ;) Clean up well - given the current puppy training, it certainly applies!

ShopDiva - Ok, snapping fingers. (and yeah, Sat night was my favorite as well)

Anon/Sandra - So nice to know your name. So glad to help, I've gotten so many ideas from all teh ladies here. FFM did a great post (was it last week?) on all casual outfits.

FFM - It was a fun weekend. Now back to work...

sparrowsandsparkles said...

Everything looks so cute but the Sat night outfit is stunning! I love, love, love that shell over the blouse and the Anthro necklace is *perfect*! I remember that one! Glad you had such a great weekend :) Thanks for sharing!

Cari said...

I really love your necklace in the vest/button up picture!!! http://isnotfashion.blogspot.com

Posey Ford said...

Heidi, you are so tall and pretty! I love the necklace in the second outfit, it really makes this look stand out!

HeidiG said...

Cari & PoseyFord - thank you - this was an Anthro find that I first read about on the Lucky magazine blog (dangerous stuff, by the way, that blog). But just loved it and kept thinking about it and finally ordered it. It spices up any outfit and the beads are not heavy. But it's not so puppy safe right now - Lucy was all over trying to chew the bottom beads when we got home.

Unknown said...

You did a great job w/your outfits. I really love the dinner selection & your hair looks great!

HeidiG said...

Thanks, Gigi. Amazing the wonders that hot rollers can work, huh?

Emily said...

Oh Heidi, I love all those outfits! I love your necklace for Sat dinner party so cute!

HeidiG said...

Emily - thank you so much!!