Friday, March 6, 2009

J Crew V-neck Short-Sleeve Cardigan

Back in February, on one of my shopping sojourns, I finally tried on the J Crew V-neck Short-Sleeve cardigan. (item #10510, orig $59.50 or $72, depending on whether you believe the B&M tag or the online info, currently $29.99) Online, it is only still available in white, but several B&Ms that I have been into lately have had a whole rack of them in various colors - navy, white, putty, yellow, fuchsia, pale pink.

Since I am always freezing indoors in the summer, I thought I would give it a go and sure enough, the navy one came home with me. I am a sucker for navy. Of course, I believe it was 30% off as well, so I got it for just over $20. Very happy with it. The length is nice and long, just the way I like it.I don't think I would button all the buttons. I will either wear it open as in the online pic above, or with the top few buttons done, as I am wearing it here at right.

I have to give credit to Elegant Mom, from whom I "borrowed" about 90% of the idea of this outfit; see her post here. But it's a great comfy way to spend a spring-like day. I got to wear my red peep toes because the snow is almost gone.

Such a perfect piece for summer. I can throw this on over just about anything to up the warmth factor and the cute factor. I understand some of the other colors are much more sheet, but I think keeping the cardi open mitigates that. I highly recommend this one - get thee to a B&M.

10 comments:

sparrowsandsparkles said...

Great review! I just bought that yesterday in yellow. I think it was $29.99. I only saw two colors - yellow & putty and all the puttys (putties?) were XS. I am going to borrow that styling idea too!

dinagideon said...

Cute cardigan...I have a summer-weight cashmere one from last summer in fuschia...very versatile.

You look very classy in this outfit!

:)

Christina said...

I am wearing that same sweater today!!! I'm actually about to blog about my outfit too. I loove these cardigans. Sooo cute and comfy. I like how you paired it with a long sleeve shirt. I wouldn't have thought to do that.

HeidiG said...

S&S - enjoy the yellow! I have considered whether or not I should pick it up in another color.

Dina - thanks - so sweet! The cashmere one sounds so yummy!

Christina - that is too funny! Great minds... Like I said, I totally swiped the idea from Elegant Mom's polyvore set.

A Bigger Closet said...

Great outfit and it's very flattering on you Heidi! I love this cardi too and couldn't resist it myself in neutrals of white, navy and putty.

Slastena said...

I agree- this is a lovely and universal cardi. Can be worn in Spring w/ long sleeve tee , later with tank underneath. I own it in Putty and Jasmine! Looks fantastic on you! You are so beautiful and tall- totally envious!

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

This cardigan looks great on you! I have almost purchased it a couple of times, but something about it just doesn't look right on me, so I passed. You look FABULOUS in it...ENJOY! :)

HeidiG said...

ABC-you are going to get a LOT of great use out all of those!

Slastane - So sweet, thank you. I'm sure the jasmine is especially striking on on you. Is that the name of the fuchsia color I was referring to? I know some of the JC color names but not all - and I should, much as I love to catalog nail polish names. :)

FFM - It's so funny, sometimes it's so great on the hanger but just doesn't do it on the figure, huh? You always look great, so I'm sure you made the right choice.

elegant_mom said...

Sorry to comment so late on this. You look GREAT in this outfit! I must say it was the salesperson at my B&M who told me I could put it on top of a long sleeve shirt. I love how we can all share ideas and put our own spin on them.

I am finding the short sleeve cardi in navy to be so versatile. Just this past week, I've worn it over a long sleeve shirt, over a dress, and over a tank top. It's such a great layering piece!

HeidiG said...

Elegant mom - thanks again for the great styling idea!!