Friday, March 6, 2009

J Crew V-neck Short-Sleeve Cardigan

Back in February, on one of my shopping sojourns, I finally tried on the J Crew V-neck Short-Sleeve cardigan. (item #10510, orig $59.50 or $72, depending on whether you believe the B&M tag or the online info, currently $29.99) Online, it is only still available in white, but several B&Ms that I have been into lately have had a whole rack of them in various colors - navy, white, putty, yellow, fuchsia, pale pink.

Since I am always freezing indoors in the summer, I thought I would give it a go and sure enough, the navy one came home with me. I am a sucker for navy. Of course, I believe it was 30% off as well, so I got it for just over $20. Very happy with it. The length is nice and long, just the way I like it.I don't think I would button all the buttons. I will either wear it open as in the online pic above, or with the top few buttons done, as I am wearing it here at right.

I have to give credit to Elegant Mom, from whom I "borrowed" about 90% of the idea of this outfit; see her post here. But it's a great comfy way to spend a spring-like day. I got to wear my red peep toes because the snow is almost gone.

Such a perfect piece for summer. I can throw this on over just about anything to up the warmth factor and the cute factor. I understand some of the other colors are much more sheet, but I think keeping the cardi open mitigates that. I highly recommend this one - get thee to a B&M.

10 comments:

sparrowsandsparkles said...

Great review! I just bought that yesterday in yellow. I think it was $29.99. I only saw two colors - yellow & putty and all the puttys (putties?) were XS. I am going to borrow that styling idea too!

dinagideon said...

Cute cardigan...I have a summer-weight cashmere one from last summer in fuschia...very versatile.

You look very classy in this outfit!

:)

Christina said...

I am wearing that same sweater today!!! I'm actually about to blog about my outfit too. I loove these cardigans. Sooo cute and comfy. I like how you paired it with a long sleeve shirt. I wouldn't have thought to do that.

HeidiG said...

S&S - enjoy the yellow! I have considered whether or not I should pick it up in another color.

Dina - thanks - so sweet! The cashmere one sounds so yummy!

Christina - that is too funny! Great minds... Like I said, I totally swiped the idea from Elegant Mom's polyvore set.

A said...

Great outfit and it's very flattering on you Heidi! I love this cardi too and couldn't resist it myself in neutrals of white, navy and putty.

Slastena said...

I agree- this is a lovely and universal cardi. Can be worn in Spring w/ long sleeve tee , later with tank underneath. I own it in Putty and Jasmine! Looks fantastic on you! You are so beautiful and tall- totally envious!

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified said...

This cardigan looks great on you! I have almost purchased it a couple of times, but something about it just doesn't look right on me, so I passed. You look FABULOUS in it...ENJOY! :)

HeidiG said...

ABC-you are going to get a LOT of great use out all of those!

Slastane - So sweet, thank you. I'm sure the jasmine is especially striking on on you. Is that the name of the fuchsia color I was referring to? I know some of the JC color names but not all - and I should, much as I love to catalog nail polish names. :)

FFM - It's so funny, sometimes it's so great on the hanger but just doesn't do it on the figure, huh? You always look great, so I'm sure you made the right choice.

Teresa said...

Sorry to comment so late on this. You look GREAT in this outfit! I must say it was the salesperson at my B&M who told me I could put it on top of a long sleeve shirt. I love how we can all share ideas and put our own spin on them.

I am finding the short sleeve cardi in navy to be so versatile. Just this past week, I've worn it over a long sleeve shirt, over a dress, and over a tank top. It's such a great layering piece!

HeidiG said...

Elegant mom - thanks again for the great styling idea!!